Leave your pawprints!

Wednesday 10 December 2008

Good Citizens (debatable!)

Last night we went to Spey Valley Dog Training Club to sit our Good Citizen tests. Rosie was sitting her Bronze, Gabbi her Silver and Alfie was going for Gold. You can see pictures of all the dogs taking their tests here.

I didn't hold out much hope for Rosie, didn't think she'd do the stay as she doesn't like me to go too far (even the required five paces stresses her out!) but she surprised me by sailing through the test....on to the Silver now, my girl!

I knew Gabbi could do everything and she passed hers too. I would have liked her to try the Gold test too, she can do everything needed for it because of the training i've been doing with Alfie but she was in a strange mood and I think she'd had enough by then!

I was confident that Alfie would pass his and he did! We had a bit of a hairy moment on the send-away when instead of going to bed, he made a beeline for the nearest food, he'd been eyeballing it all evening- well, what do you expect? He is a beagle! He did it on the second go though and got some pilchard cake!

Showing off the sit-stays!
As well as their rosettes they were awarded some dog training treats and all the Gold passes got a lovely Kennel Club pin, which i'll wear with pride!
I would like to thank all the wonderful trainers at Spey Valley, Lesley, Gladys and in particular, Jenny....without her guidance, encouragement and great advice i'd never have had the confidence to get Alfie through his Gold, Gabbi's turn next. Thank-you and well done to the others who passed!
For more information on the Kennel Club Good Citizen Dog Scheme, click here.

13 sniffy tailwags:

karensbrae said...

They all did very well!!! Was really taken with Gabbie's eyebrows.

Gennasus said...

The Dughallmors do well!

Unknown said...

fantastic! tempest and riptide would fail for sure. okay, they might do okay as long as no other distraction is near.

Cocoa the Beagle said...

Great job guys! We hope there's lots of food rewards for you!

Wags,
Cocoa and Barley

Cocoa the Beagle said...

Bingo buddies! I didn't mention our sofa got stained by the grease too and mum didn't realize it til she's done with the floor and went resting on the sofa!! WOOHOO!

Wags,
Cocoa and Barley

Dughallmor Beagles said...

Oh no! Bet you were flavour of the month! Our mum's thinking of buying a plastic-covered sofa, sweep the hairs off and wipe clean....sorted!!

Lois Lane/Laney said...

Wow, great job guys!!

TWa76 said...

Great job! We are proud of you.

We usually get only stuff prices here these days. So it is great that you have food prices. We don't understand mum, becouse she says that is better becouse the prices don't go in our BARF diet. Silly mun, food is always food.

Br Lenni, Vekku & Ressu

TWa76 said...

Mum is trying to avoid processed dog foods becouse when Vekku was puppy half day after getting processed dog foods there were black thick stuff coming out of his ears. But as you said free food is free food ;)

snoutbeagle said...

Congratulations all you good citizens! I checked out the photos from your training club ... looks like a beautiful facility.

By the way, Beagle Mum, I like your hair – pretty highlights!

Thank you for the recent award. I've been just terrible at updating our blog lately. But I always very much enjoy checking in on our Dughallmor beagle friends and wishing we could join you on one of your lovely walks. Oh, what a fine pack of beagles we would be!

Dughallmor Beagles said...

Thanks Jackie....those photos wouldn't have made it onto that blog if I had anything to do with it! I, I mean, that's not me!!

Amber and Nala said...

Oh, CONGRATULATIONS!! I am very proud of you all! I also looked at the pictures...very good job! :)

Wags,
Nala

Lindsay said...

Congratulations to Rosie, Gabbi, and Alfie! And to Mom too, of course!

What fantastic achievements! We are so proud of you all!

brown dog kisses,
Dannan