Leave your pawprints!

Thursday 15 January 2009

True Colours: Black Thursday

Today is True Colours Thursday and this week's colour is Black. Host of this meme is Blue.
Today we went to Roseisle again and found lots of black things for this week's True Colours.

Black was the sky today and in the distance...the Black Isle (not really an isle!)

Black is the seaweed that looks like Muppet hair!

Black is the high tide-mark


Black is the crow that Rosie must chase

Black is the huge peat-bed that lies under the waters and sands of the Bay

Black are the sometimes giant slabs of peat that are washed up (indescribable is the smell of this lovely fuel as it burns!)

Black are the Mussel shells scattered along the shore

Black are the charred remains of a beach bonfire

Black is the hat that keeps my head warm (yes, I know it's covered in Beagle hair!)

Black are the two items that took these and all the other pictures on this blog (the 2nd one is responsible for Facewarp on the previous post!)


Last but not least, Black is for my boy Alfie, a.k.a Dialynne Ace of Spades at Dughallmor.

I adore every inch of this dog, from the tip of his amazing nose down to his one black claw, and everything in between....his black eyeliner, his black lips and his shiny black blanket. He may be named after the "Card of Death" but he's the light of my life, my favourite, Mummy's boy!

22 sniffy tailwags:

Stella said...

As always, lovely, great photos. My favorite is probably yours: Alfie! What a handsome fellow!

Kisses,
Stella

Lois Lane/Laney said...

Alfie is such a cutie! And I'm not at all biased towards Beagles ;)
Okay, maybe just a little...

Dot O said...

I'm amazed that your beags come back to you when they are off leash! We could never do that with Freckles around here. His nose would hit the ground and he'd be gone!

Great photos. You could guess what my favorite "black things" are....

Tina. said...

I have read and heard about peat fires and the terrific aroma. We use peat in the garden for our lettuce and root crops. I didn't know if they are from the same "peat" and I sure didn't know it came from the ocean/sea! I thought it grew on land or something...

P.s. The daily puppy today is featuring a Beagle pup. He is cute but not as cute as yours!

Thor and Jack said...

Great pictures in the beach! Alfie is very handsome!

Love,
Thor

Anonymous said...

Now! I am looking forward to a trip to the beach...lol
Love the nose on the Ace of Spades.. :-)

Poopsie aka Blue said...

Smiling broadly - you have the Black award for most comprensive post!

Love, pats & pets
Blue

NESSA the hovawart said...

Hi, guys,
although black is not my favorite colour, the pics are great. Well, if I think closely..I'm almoust black. Maybe that's why I prefer bright coulours to look.Well, whatever....I'm just mumbling to myself hehe...
I'm wondering...are you living so close to the sea? Can you swim in it?
Thank you for your congrats on my award,
lots of love,
Nessa

Paco,Milo, Maya and mommy Simona said...

Dear friends.....As always.... lovely....great...wonderful pictures!!!
our mum loves black...you can understand it watching our blog that now is....BLACK!!!!!Like yours!!!!! :-))))))
And what can we say about Alfie????
VERY VERY VERY VERY HANDSOM BOY!!!!
your photos are wonderful!!!!
lots of love dear friends!!!!
MUAHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Molly the Airedale said...

What awesome photos! The beach is calling to us!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Eduardo said...

Y'all always do such a great job! Oh every post! I want to come play at the beach!
Hugs & Snugs
Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

Unknown said...

Very well done! These are cool pix and to end with a beautiful black-saddled beagle is just perfect!

Dragonstar said...

Great post for Black!

dianasfaria.com said...

great post for the color black! & I know how you feel , I love my yorkie Priscilla the same way.

Samantha ~ Holly and Zac ~ said...

Great Black post!

haha... you get hair covered clothes as well then..

Martha said...

Great pictures! Aren't you all clever to find all those things that are black.
Once again we have looked at your pictures and feel the call of the sea. Well our mum has and wishes she was nearer to a beach!
love and kisses
Martha & Bailey xx

Chrissie said...

So, is the smell of burning peat a pleasant smell? That Beagle boy is a handsome fellow, no doubt! And those are some really beautiful pictures of the sky and sea.

Amber and Nala said...

Ahhh, sweet Alfie! :)

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

Alfie is a dear! I love Beagles too!

Your phone is the same as mine.....

Jeannie ;0)

The Army of Four said...

Alfie is VERY handsome!
And hey, Rosie - I'll race you to that crow!
Love,
Ammy

Niamh said...

My what a big nose you have Alfie! It must be from all the sniffing you do at the beach. Great photos. Love the dark sky at the beach.

Your friend,
Niamh

Lindsay said...

Excellent "black" post! Alfie is a very handsome doggy. Check out the one black nail! Sounds like Alfie is Mom's heart dog...

Brown dog kisses,
Dannan