It's True Colours Thursday again. Already! This week's theme is SCARLET, which is pretty appropriate for most of this post...even the tags are red! To play along visit our lovely hostess, Blue :D
My first car was a red VW Beetle....I loved it but it didn't feel the same way and we parted company after i'd parted with too much cash!
You don't see many of these old red phone boxes around any more....this one and the post box next to it (obviously) are in Pluscarden, there is also one in Roseisle Village.
The now famous blankie....part of it was sent across the Big Pee to Rosie's Sweetie.
And who could forget the red noses?
Winner of the Red Snooter Photo contest is Cody! Well done on a great snooter shot Cody, a prize will be winging it's way to you soon! In second place was Sue's Portuguese Water Dogs with their funny snooter shot. Again, thank you to everyone who entered and made this a fun contest....there were many great entries.
She has to list five things which make life grand....are you ready Gabs? Yup.
- Life is grand because I get to run free on a beautiful beach every day.
- Life is grand because I have made lots of lovely friends through our blog (and I might even have found a boyfriend or two!)
- Life is grand because my humans adore and spoil me.
- Life is grand when you have a juicy bone to chew on.
- Life is grand when you are a good girl....not so much when you are a bad girl, but i'm usually a good girl, so life IS generally grand!
Next, our friend Hero gave us the Honest Tag award. Thanks Hero! We have played this twice already (and turned it down once) but it was a while ago and so much has happened since then!
We have to list 10 honest things about ourselves.....
- Alfie has been taught to shut doors, Mum is trying to get him to close the front door once he comes in from the garden....probably never going to happen though!
- He is a little TOO good at opening doors though....especially when one of the ladies is in season when he turns into a MONSTER!
- Our sofa is big enough to fit five humans on it but we manage to hog it all....every night!
- When our Dad gets up in the morning he lets us go through to see our Mum, Rosie and Alfie go under the covers and snuggle at her feet. Gabbi and Snoop usually stay on the sofa.
- Rosie likes to lick people's feet and hands, but mostly feet.
- Thanks to this blog we now have an extended family, including our Aunts Martha and Bailey Basset.
- Rosie and Petey are in love, they go on exotic dates and send each other parcels.
- Alfie and Mason Dixie are in love, they sometimes double-date with Rosie & Petey, they also exchange naughty pics of each other!
- I registered with Scooby the Love Doctor and have a couple of admirers, Ludo is one of them....I think....*blush*
- Snoop claims to have shared a smoochy moment with a lady dog in the Rainbowwow Room but is not telling who!
We are supposed to tag others to play this but we really don't know anyone who hasn't played yet....if you want to play feel free!
While writing this post, this arrived in our email, it's from our brand new friend Checkers, it even has our name on it....thanks Checkers!
We're a day late with this, that silly old hen forgot all about it until after she'd done the WW post and it was a busy day after that.
Yesterday, April Fools' Day, was the 3rd anniversary of when we brought Alfie home! It seems like only yesterday we made the long trip to Birmingham to collect our new boy, but at the same time it feels like he's always been here! Right from the start our Mum pestered Alfie's breeder for photos....and considering how busy she must have been, she delivered!
This is the first time we ever clapped eyes on him, think he would have been about 2 weeks old here.
Then this....can you guess which is our Alfie?
Then these....awww, look at his mushed-up face!
His favourite sleeping position then....
....is still his favourite sleeping position!
He hogged the computer from an early age....
Something wrong with the floor, Alf??
He always was a clown....
And still makes us laugh every day!
But what a hunk!
Happy Gotcha Day Alfie-Boy!